Facial and Leg Vein Lesion Patient Pre/Post Instruction
- Your skin should be completely clean and dry prior to treatment. Remove or omit application of any skin products on the day of treatment.
- AVOID THE SUN – The area to be treated should not be exposed to sun 4 – 6 weeks prior to treatment. If you are in the sun during this time you should defer treatment until a later time.
- Treatment of tanned skin may cause blistering or possible hypo-pigmentation which may last for 3 – 6 months.
- Avoid using tanning creams, spray tans, or any type of temporary pigmented creams prior to treatment.
- Patients who have a darker skin type (V-VI) may have an increased risk of hypo-pigmentation (white spots) or hyperpigmentation (dark spots). Consult your provider.
- Patients with a history of the following conditions may not be good candidates for laser treatment and should consult their primary care provider when considering treatment: Diabetic patients or patients with poor circulation
Patients who have a history of poor healing
Patients who take a blood thinner, such as coumadin or aspirin
- Patients who are taking high doses of iron may have an increased risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Patients typically tolerate this procedure well.
- Using the topical anesthetic such as EMLA / LMX-4 may constrict blood vessels and is NOT recommended.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- The heat from the laser pulses may be slightly uncomfortable during and immediately following treatment. Cold gel packs/ice can be applied to reduce discomfort.
- You may also apply ice and elevate your legs to decrease discomfort, especially when large areas are treated.
- Tylenol is recommended for any pain, as needed.
- AVOID THE SUN – completely after treatment to reduce hyperpigmentation. Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 zinc oxide or titanium dioxide with UV A/B sunblock.
- We highly recommend to use Recover Regenerative solution post any laser treatment. The product has been specifically formulated to promote the regeneration of skin weakened by dermo-aesthetic procedures, as well as skin types which show signs of increased sensitivity. (Recover RX contains Glyco-Repair combined with hyaluronic acid and D panthenol to soothe and moisturize the skin. The addition of Glyco-Repair also helps repair micro-tears in the skin and restores the migration of epidermal and dermal cell,) hydrating, comfort/soothing moisturizer is also recommended.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours after treatment. Consult your provider.
- Compression stockings may or may not be recommended by your provider.
- TEST SPOTS: Wait 8 weeks to see if the treatment was effective. Your provider will evaluate treatment response or side effects. At the follow up visit.
- FULL TREATMENT: Wait at least 8 weeks before the next treatment as resolution of the vessels continues or side effects at the follow up visit.
- Your leg veins may appear bruised or darker red following treatment. This discoloration will fade over the next few weeks. Brown discoloration may take several months to fade.
- Consult the office immediately at 818.619.6381 if your experience increased pain, redness, swelling or blistering.
- Your provider may recommend the application of a topical antibiotic ointment if blistering occurs.