Wrinkle Reduction Patient Instructions
Pre- Treatment Care Instructions:
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after laser treatment. If you are in the sun during this time you should defer treatment until a later time
- Stop any topical medications, medications that may cause photosensitivity, (blood thinning medications, antibiotics, Retin-A or skin care products 1 week prior to treatment. If you start a course of antibiotic you cannot have a laser treatment while on antibiotics, wait 1 week afterwards. Do not take Accutane at minimum 6 months prior laser treatment
- If you are tanned or have a darker skin type, a bleaching regimen may be started4-6 weeks before the treatment.
Recently Tanned skin cannot be treated! Tanned skin is more sensitive to heat without you knowing it, client is at risk of burning, pigmentation, scarring, and serious damage of the skin, and a less effective treatment. White spots may also developed after the treatment and this may not clear for 2-3 months or longer. NO TANNING/SELF TANNING of the skin before, immediately, or before treatments. Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and 2-4 weeks after the treatment. Discontinue the use of self tanning skin care products 1 week prior to treatment. Any residual self tanner should be removed prior to treatment.
- No Laser treatment: if you are pregnant or if you think you may be pregnant. Patients who have impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS, Lupus, Scleroderma, or use of immunosuppressive medications …Patients with current or history of Skin cancer or premalignant moles. …Patients with current condition of any type of cancer …Patients who have pacemaker or internal defibrillator…Patients with any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last three months or before complete healing … Any active skin condition in the treatment area, such as sores. Psoriasis, Eczema and rash
- Use of a topical numbing cream is optional. Please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment if you wish to apply numbing cream, available for purchase
- Wet / moist white gauze will apply to protect the teeth and to support the lip during the treatment when treating upper lip. Protective eyewear will be worn by the client and technician.
Post-Treatment Care Instructions:
- Mild redness and swelling is expected at the treatment site immediately after the treatment which may last up to 2 hours or longer. The redness may last up 2-3 days. The treated area will feel like sunburn, pleasantly warm for a few hours post treatment.
- Use cold gel packs chilled aloe vera gel to alleviate the discomfort.
- Avoid Sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation Use Sunblock SPF 30 and above at all times, apply several times daily.
- We recommend to use Recovery Regenerative solution, Repair Balm post any laser treatment. The product has been specifically formulated to promote the regeneration of skin weakened by dermo-aesthetic procedures, as well as skin types which show signs of increased sensitivity. (Recover RX contains Glyco-Repair combined with hyaluronic acid and D panthenol to soothe and moisturize the skin. hydrating, comfort/soothing moisturizer is also recommended.
- Avoid strenuous exercise. Sports activities, saunas, jacuzzi for 72 hours after treatment. -Compression stockings may recommended if swelling occurs
- Make up may be applied after the redness/irritation is cleared. Resume all topical agents when irritation resolves
- Avoid strenuous sports activities / saunas/ Jacuzzi for 2-3 days
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated area. Do not use any scrub loofahs or abrasive scrubs for 5 days
- Untoward Post Laser treatment reaction such as burning, blistering, scabbing, crusting, redness, scarring, hyper / hypopigmentation in rare cases may result, may not appear for 1-2 weeks and in rare cases may last for month or longer. If such untoward responses occurs laser treatment should not be performed until such reactions returns to normal.
- Laser Treatment often perform 4-5 times at monthly intervals for best results. You may notice immediate as well as longer term improvement in your skin.
- Consult the office immediately at 818.619.6381 if your experience increased pain, redness, swelling or blistering